Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hanging out in the Arctic

I'm still up here in Inuvik.  Not much to say or tell.  Its ways lighter than it was the last time I was here!  Instead of 1 hour of daylight its now light until 10pm!  Changes so fast.  I flew over to the Yukon in a bush plane the other day, we landed on the tundra right on the ocean, saw a herd of about 200 cariboo, it was so amazing.  Not much else to tell, I ate some Muskox chili it was yummy!  Thats all my news.  Oh ya and I drove on the ice road!!!!  I got some pictures of where we went in the Yukon but my camera died and I forgot the charger so can't post anything.  I'm definitely looking forward to time off though....   

2 comments:

  1. I like reading about your time way up there...it makes me kinda glad I get to stay here! I love those little booties you got for Kanya by the way...I keep trying them on her to see if they fit. Pretty soon she is just gonna wear them even if they are big!! She has grown put of the little outfit you got her...she wore it all the time...it was so nice for when it was cold here! Look forward to seeing pictures...
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sister.. wish i could come out for april break but not likely boo hoo hoo! soon it will be light out here in the evening but not quite until 10! so i think im going to be moving again in with natalie in her new house in dalhousie. not quite the good old duplex! love ya
    a

    ReplyDelete