Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'M LOST...

...In the Yukon.

Been spending my days in a little border post town called Beaver Creek, YT.  Population 109.  Not much in the way of conveniences, but I still love it.  Its here, as many towns in the Yukon, because of the gold rush.  The people are nice, their way of life is simple, no ones grouchy even though they do without so much, including a fairly big necessity...a grocery store!  The only thing I am dying for is fresh fruit...bananas, watermelon, mangos, oranges, grapes, apples...really anything will do at this point!
On the way to Beaver Creek from Whitehorse

Kluane Lake

Beaver Creek hotel

My walking buddy Anuk (pilots dog)

Booming metropolis of Beaver Creek

Just from one of Anuk and mine many walks


Life is changing once again for me!  I've moved out of Norman Wells and am going to live out of my bag for the summer.  My very nice, helpful, awesome parents are taking care of Nuka for me right now...I would like to find somewhere for her to be with me but sometimes in this job its hard to do!  By fall for sure though...I miss her like crazy...
So BIG


So CUTE



and sometimes...still such a puppy

Nukas best friend Colby

And that would be my update...


4 comments:

  1. I planted watermelons for you.

    A. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhhhh, what can I say, lovely hotel ?? But nice dog, she looks familiar. No mtns to see. oh, pardon me I did see some in the background. Keep taking pics, cause you might never get to some of these places again.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi can hardly emagine you shooting.It looks so nice now that your winter is gone.Just got back from your mom and dad's barbequed hamburgers and of course all the trimmings.so glad your enjoying the North it's a young peoples country.So happy your enjoying that kind of life which so few miss because of the rat race.Keep the pictures coming Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi just got back from Calgary with your mom we had a great!!!! trip home with lots of laughs we have come to know why there are blond jokes!!Can't say I would like to have to find a place to land like you did but after you got grounded it looks great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete